Legge Health Offers Effective Products
At Legge Health Clinic, we have effective products which can improve your quality of life or enhance your performance. If you would like to learn more, contact us.
Share this Information
Signs and Symptoms of Orthotic Requirements
- If a person has an altered gait, or altered pattern of walking, such as a limp, walking with their “toes out”, this could suggest excessive pronation.
- If a person has a forward head posture where on side view, their ear is not in line with their shoulder and hip, there could be a link to a foot problem which alters their entire posture.
- Obvious shoe wear, such as excessive wear points or uneven wearing on one shoe or between both feet. Outside heel area wear is often a positive sign for over pronation.
- Inward or outward rotation of the knees, either in a normal stance, or during shallow squatting.
- Uneven callous formation on the soles of the feet, or rigid arches.
- Known imbalances in the pelvic muscles often correlate to a dropped long inside arch of the foot.
- Knee or hip pain when walking or exercising can suggest a misalignment problem in the feet.
Did you know?
Orthotics can help if you’re suffering from any of the following conditions:
- Pain and inflammation in the big toe
- Low Back Pain
- Pain in lower back region
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Heel and arch pain
- Shin Splints
- Inflamed muscles in front lower leg
- Pain, weakness, numbness, or tingling in the leg
- Joint pain and inflammation
- Poor circulation and sensation
Speak to your clinician about getting better balance with orthotics today!
Symptoms of faulty foot mechanics could include localized:
- foot pain
- hammer toes
- arch, heel pain
- leg, knee, hip or back pain
- neck pain
Our team of health care practitioners are pleased to provide you with our most comprehensive orthotic assessment.
Each Health Care Practitioner brings their vast experience in determining the most affective orthotic appliance.
COMPREHENSIVE VIDEO GAIT ANALYSIS
Walking and running gait analysis in all three views providing unparalleled assessment in determining the active functional kinetic chain often missed with casting alone.
FOAM CASTING IMPRESSIONS
This procedure is preferred for those unable to complete a normal walking gait. Some insurance plans require this form of orthotic assessment.